I am currently researching the following features. Deadlines for suggested interviews or contributions inline.
The all-flash datacentre: Has its time come?
Deadline: Thursday, 26 October, 1200hrs.
This piece will look at the idea of an all-flaws datacentre, and examine why it might, or might not, happen. It will:
- Set out to define the all-flash datacentre
- Map out a timescale for its arrival
- Set out counter arguments – in which cases are non-flash storage media still more appropriate?
- What types of organisations can benefit from the all-flash datacentre and which workloads can benefit from continued use of hard drive storage
- Will it be cost that eventually signals a move to all-flash? Or are there other factors at play?
Storage for ERP systems
Deadline: Monday 30 October, 1700hrs
What are the data storage requirements for modern ERP systems?
ERP systems have developed significantly over the last decade, especially with the widespread move to the cloud. But what does an IT department need to do, to make sure the business has the right infrastructure to support its ERP systems over the next 5-10 years?
This will include:
- What does ERP do?
- What are ERP’s storage I/O requirements?
- How do on-site and cloud ERP deployments fit together?
- What is needed to support ERP’s databases?
- What storage technologies does that translate to, on premises or or in the cloud?
- Are there other developments in the field of ERP that will affect data storage requirements?
Please email your submissions in the first instance. I will be looking to complete interviews within a week of the submission deadlines.