I am currently working on the following features, and would appreciate technical and other background material (generally, CW does not quote vendors:)
Five things you need to know about hybrid cloud in 2021 (deadline for input: 7th October)
How is hybrid cloud is seen by customers and vendors currently?
- How is hybrid cloud used?
- What are the top use cases for hybrid cloud deployments?
- What are the limitations of hybrid cloud? What does it actually mean in practice?
- What are the pitfalls of a hybrid cloud architecture?
- What use cases are least suited to hybrid cloud?
- Where next for hybrid cloud? (possibly more widespread use of containers allowing for bursting to the cloud as an easier option than currently?)
5 ways HCI has changed in 2021 (deadline: 20 October)
Hyper-converged infrastructure seems to be here to stay as an on-prem solution. But how is it changing in 2021 to meet new IT trends?
Areas could include:
- HCI being used with containers
- Being able to scale storage and compute independently (they’re calling it ‘disaggregation’)
- Vendors dropping products (eg, NetApp)
- HCI as a service (may be available from many vendors with a consumption model)
- HCI at the edge
Five reason customers repatriate data from the cloud (deadline: 3 November)
Why do businesses repatriate data from the cloud?
Restoring backups/business recovery is the obvious one, but analytics and possibly regulatory investigations / compliance are others.
The piece will set out the main reasons, and look at the mechanics and costs of data repatriation too.
As ever, please email any leads or submissions.