I am writing two features for publication in January 2024. Note that due to early filing dates, the research needs to be completed by December 23rd, 2023.
Feature 1: Cloud to Cloud backup
This piece will look at the shortcomings of native cloud data protection, and their impact on both operations and compliance. It will look at cloud to cloud backup as an alternative, examining:
- how it works
- the workloads it is suited to (and any performance impacts)
- who provides cloud to cloud backup services
Feature 2: Reasons not to use the cloud
Covering data storage, primarily, the piece will explore reasons why an organisation might choose not to use the cloud. This cloud include, but is not limited to:
- operational needs and performance
- IT management difficulties
- data protection and compliance
- issues making cloud fit the business needs
For both pieces, happy to look at white papers and analyst research as well as consultants’ and CIOs’ views. As ever, it’s best to email pitches or input in the first instance.