For Computer Weekly my next article will look at backup testing.
A backup strategy is only effective, if backups are tested. A business can invest in the latest backup tools, but unless they test that backups work — and that they can recover data from them — that investment could well be wasted.
The article will cover:
- What is the key aim of backup testing?
- What needs to be tested, and how often?
- What does effective testing involve?
- Who needs to run recovery testing?
- Which products or services can help?
Please send any ideas or contributions for the article by 1200hrs Monday 2 Nov, by email in the first instance.